Asthaa is a symbol of reliance belief,faith and confidence.The word Asthaa abbreviates the phrase “Astang Ayurveda for health and academics”. Astang Ayurveda is a famous Ayurvedic Hospital having its base office at Bhubaneswar.
Late DR.Lopamudra Srichandan, the ex-Managing Partner of Astang Ayurveda was a visionary person. She understood the social responsibility of a corporate house. She dreamed of a social responsibility front of Astang Ayurveda called ASTHAA. Asthaa started working since April 2018. It conducted different satellite programmes,workshops,health camp,national level seminars successfully in course of time. Unfortunately the untimely death of Dr.Lopamudra Srichandan was a big jolt to Asthaa. At this crucial moment some like-minded persons joined hands to take forward the vision and dream of the heavenly soul,Dr.Srichandan.
Dr.SpanditaKar, Dr.Ambika Prasad Nayak and Dr.Manoranjansahoo took initiation to register “ASTHAA Foundation“as the founder members.
ASTHAA Foundation got registered at the sub-registered office at Bhubaneswar on 22nd July 2019.
ASTHAA and Astang Ayurveda work together for health and academics and many other objectives.
Objectives of Asthaa :-
- To organize social health activities, promotes academic and environmental resources.
- To work for propagation and promotion of Ayurveda and alternative system of medicine.
- To provide basic health services to the rural poor by organizing health camps and providing basic facilities .
- To propagate health education and consciousness among the general mass and encourage people for participation.
- To organize health camps in both rural and urban areas to promote consciousness among people and adopt the natural medicine.
- To organize state level, national level and international level workshops, seminars, exhibitions, symposium to spread awareness about Ayurveda and alternative medicines.
- To create platform for experience sharing and knowledge gathering by organizing different activities.
- To expand academic activities and promote awareness among the students and doctors by IEC.
- To work for success of various health and environmental programs introduced by vernment/International/National organization.
- To undertake the job of social forestry, agriculture, particularly plantation of medicinal plants.
- To donate for charity, work for charity of people in need, establish wellness hospital and rehabilitation centers.
- To establish Ayurveda colleges for diploma, graduation and post-graduation studies, procure land by lease or purchase from government and non-government parties.
- To work with government and non-government organization to promote social health, public health, health and academic activities, establish research organization for Ayurveda, Yoga, medicine and academics.
- To establish training centers for Ayurveda therapist, health workers, establish skill development centers, promotes social health through art and culture, promote health tourism through hospital and hospitality activities.
- To establish documentation centers and publication house through print, computer and latest technology.
- To establish charitable hospital and clinics.
- To work with individual and groups of volunteers to procure medicine and their value addition.
- To dispense medicine with genuine price. The profit will be used for free health activities like health camps and free medicine dispensing.
- To work for acquire financial aid, gift from the Government/International/National organization for the fulfillment of its activities.
- To make use of innovative technologies in extending healthcare services.
- To take part in research and disease surveillance relevant to health care.
- To provide modern Ayurvedic healthcare facilities for the purpose of building up Strong and Healthy society.
- To develop Human Resources by spread of education and improving the quality of education for Nation Building.
- To provide lectures by the expert team of the Doctors, Journalists and Professionals etc.
- To set up a Primary Health Centre, build a Home for the Aged, Community Canteen, Cardio Vascular Hospital, HIV Testing Centres, Vocational Training Centres, and Wireless Communication Centre.
- To establish, maintain, and/or grant aid in cash and/or kind to schools, colleges, educational institutions, hostels, hospitals, old age homes, orphanages, youth clubs, sports clubs, libraries, child and women welfare centers and/or such other similar charitable institutions in India for the benefit and use of the public in general.
- To establish, support, acquire, run and/or grant aid and other financial assistance to schools, colleges, libraries, reading rooms, hospitals, hostels, and other institutions of like nature at any place or places in the Indian Union for use of the students and the staff and also generally for the development and/or advancement of education and dissemination of knowledge amongst the public in general.
- To establish and/or grant aid for the establishment and maintenance of environmental and natural parks, sports, clubs and other akharas, tube wells, wells and water works for supply of safe drinking water and improve sanitation for the use of public in general.
- To provide help to urban and rural poor in getting essential services such as health, nutrition, education, income generation and housing.
- To provide help to the needy, the desirable, the physically and mentally handicapped and the poor without any distinction of caste, creed, colour and sex.
- To grant scholarships, prizes, stipends, loans and research fellowships to children, youth and women.
- To provide relief during natural calamities, such as famine, flood, fire and other occasion of calamities of similar nature and to give donations, subscriptions or contributions to institutions, establishments or persons during such relief work.
- To organize social, cultural and environmental activities through channelizing youth energy into constructive and creative directions.
- To associate/affiliate and render assistance and/or grant aid to other public charitable trust or institutions having objectives similar to this trust.
- To give financial or other assistance in kind by way of distribution of books, note books, clothes, uniforms or meals for the poors and needies.
- To run or assist programmes for the scheduled castes and tribes, backward classes, women children, bonded labour and other sections of the society for promotion of legal assistance, legal awareness convened with the overall development of these sections of the society.
- To organize the various education schemes as may be deemed fit by the trustees.
- To conduct and promote socio-scientific analysis and research in the field of education, culture, health, democracy and development.
- To prepare, train well qualified professionals in the field of memory education and other related areas.
- To promote, improve and develop scientific exchange of knowledge as well as technical co-operation between similar institutions within and outside the country.
- To promote education by establishing and running education in urban and rural areas.
- To secure and accept loans, endowments, grants in aid, donation or gifts from various funds giving agencies on mutually agreed terms and conditions for the purpose of the promotion of the trust.
- To invest and deal with the funds and the money of trust.
- To acquire, purchase or otherwise own or take on lease or hire as temporarily or permanently, any moveable or immoveable property necessary or convenient for the furtherance of the trust.
- To borrow money from any government o/non-government / bank or any other institution against the mortgage / hypothetication / pledge of the assets of the trust.
- To convey the presumptions of YOGA and AYURVEDA SCIENCE to men to men.
- To invite noted and eminent faculty, educationist of eminence to deliver lectures on regular basis and to facilitate resource sharing.